Monday 7 December 2009

Birthday card for a change!















Hi everybody, hope you've all had a good weekend!
I've been busy trying to catch up on Xmas shopping. There was a "Victorian Xmas Fair" in Durham over the weekend so my hubby and i decided to go and my mil came with us, we had Sunday lunch out later which was a nice change!  We bought some nice cheese and some lovely jars of pickle and jam, some of which will be Xmas presents and some lovely sausages --couldn't resist after tasting them!

I think i should show you what i managed to make this weekend, i deviated a bit from Xmas cards which was a nice change--lol!
This card is for my Sister-in-law's birthday which is later this week, she likes simple designs so hope she likes this one!
Its cuttlebugged on a white card with the "Swiss Dots" folder. I stamped the flourish on mauve card and also a motive with flowers and decoupaged the little flowers, i should have stamped the flourish a bit higher then i would have been able to put the message tag at the bottom. The stamps are "Hero Arts" and i added some small adhesive gemstones from Dovecraft + a Nestability tag --the message is from Papermainia.

Thanks for looking

Carole x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole...I love the card, love the colours you've used and I think the message tag looks absolutely fine where you put it!! Sounds like you had a nice weekend...I love the Xmas Fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty.......simple and elegant!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lush colours Carole and the flourish gives a real feel of elegance.

    This would fit beautifully into our theme at Penny Black and More !!

    B x

    ReplyDelete